5/26/2004

About TV and other Media

As I've always said, watching network TV may make you sterile, but lately I would say that TV WILL make you sterile. Isn't it true that the same money that put Bush in office is the same money that's controlling the media? I think Rupert Murdock fits in there some place, and I think it is true in a way in wich we will never know, a nefarious way. But it seems more insidious than that to me.

I really think I have found a way to save money if you have cable, and fix up the media means at the same time. I have been very happy since I canceled cable, I have bought no rabbit ears for local channels, I suppose I will miss something some day, but I can always fix that. That's what neighbors and family is for. Computer has advanced to such an extent that it can fully replace TV, and it's so much less likely that you will become sterile. More than that. DVD and VHS can very happily replace livingroom entertainment. I must admit that I have taped things that have mattered over the years, which helps, but for livingroom entertainment, I have found icing on the cake. rents media through the internet, through mail. I mentioned that I was watching Richard Strauss last night, and have it in the background right now. I've finished watching McBeth, The Grapes of Wrath, The Great Gatspy, Of Mice and Men, and will have an endless supply of entertainment that's not likely to make me steril at all. I'm extremely happy with the setup. I think something happened recently in Wausau, but that's what family and neighbors are for! You can always find out if something happens, unless everyone follows my advice. We would be living in a different world if that happens, though. And best of all, you don't have to watch sterilized and homogonized politics! Use the computer to find out what is happening in the world. You may learn a few things and save money, no less! Have a happy night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home