7/18/2004

More Unmentionables

No, we're not planning on talking about sex yet. Maybe some day. That will surely be something. No, we're going to mention the unmentionable word 'study' again. You do realize that I'm trying to encourage or force you to study by now, don't you? In the event that you catch on, I shall warn you that people will not like you if you know more than them. You will notice that people will do all sorts of things to tell you that in no uncertain terms, they are smarter than you. The best cure for that is to act dumb. Dumbness will almost always help you get along. My mother was very good at it and taught me that. I know another cure, but I haven't figured out how to pull that off where I live. 'no difference, I have the computer, my best friend! What is that help you say? I answer that it is to be careful who you hang out with, but again, I haven't quite figured that one out. I consider things, but don't follow through. My life is too comfortable, and I do have a major disease, even though I don't look like it, you know"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home