10/02/2004

About My Cousin, Darla

I think that my Cousin, actually my cousin's daughter, Darla should have an entry all by herself into this blog. All ready several years ago, when I met her, I could only think that we are somehow cosmically connected. How many cousins in this world have independently come to collect Fox snakes, night blooming Cerous/sp, as well as a much larger assortment of plants and animals, as well as other interesting things. There is no logical connection between us that can account for this. This stuff is far removed from family history as far as I can possibly imagine. Parallel evolution? I think not :-)

At any rate, I have been very proud of her since the moment I met her -- teaching at the University of Wisconsin Marathon County extension. It was a really cool memory and has developed into a true appreciation.

Some place along the way, Darla interested me and a project that she had begun undertaking which is soon to become the Monk Gardens -- a 19 acre botanical Garden right here in Wausau which will become though only and enabling Garden in Wisconsin. Wisconsin has a list of excellent public Gardens, but this is sure to become the best of all of them (prejudiced opinion?) As well as the only Garden specifically designed to be hands on and entirely accessible to the handicapped.

The story of how this became is worthy of a most interesting entry all of its own, but I shall skip it here. As I am intimately interested, I may very well and more entries on the topic as this comes into being.

Right on Darla!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home