6/19/2004

Comments on The Lord of the Rings.

If there is one thing to be learned from this Movie, it would be that the uglier you are, the badder you are, and the more handsome you are, but better you are. I was just thinking, Just what if those slimy Auks (right word?) were really very nice and they were just discriminated against. If everyone treated them badly, wouldn't they become bad? They were probably just never given a fair chance in life, no? Just because they were slimy and ruined not only your clothes and furniture, but your entire house and property with their stinking, slimy (not their fault) ooze. This makes sense to me.

On the other hand, it makes a story so superb that I really believe it's the closest thing to a work of art made to this date. If I examined that sentence for a decade or so, I might change my mind on that, but the beauty of work and production, together with the emotive qualities it arouses makes it a masterpiece of art. I rather thought that the next works of art should show up in multi media, and I rather think that this is the first example of it. Does this make any sense? It kind of does to me.

1 Comments:

At June 20, 2004 at 10:03 PM, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Hey Tom

Are you thinking of Orcs when you say Auks? I suppose orc could sound something like auk if said with an English accent. Anyway, the main bad guys are Orcs if that's what you are thinking about.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home